Sunday, September 26, 2010

Delish-ious!

When you're looking for a place that's got a lot of good food places, there's definitely no doubt that Teacher's Village would be a great suggestion. The long and winding Maginhawa street alone offers lots of good choices, whether it be for a sumptuous meal or for a simple yet yummy snack. Whatever food place you crave for - Italian, Filipino, Persian, Mexican, even the yummiest carinderia - Maginhawa street has it all. It wouldn't be a surprise that our next food trip would again (yes, again hahahaha) be here.


We found a food place that we felt would appease our palates - Delish. It's along Maginhawa street, so it's very easy to find. Besides, there's a big signage of the food place, so difficulty in finding it is really not a good excuse. From the outside, actually, it doesn't look much of a restaurant. But if you're kinda used to Teacher's Village, then it's good to try this place out. The inside looks more of a bar. There are also paintings displayed on the walls, which are for sale. The good part is that you can't remove the fact that they serve scrumptious dishes at very affordable prices.






Here's what we got:



House Iced Tea, 45 php


Glutton Guy and Glutton Girl: A different take on iced tea. It had a fruity taste, which made it more refreshing. It wasn't too sweet, which is another good thing. Placing it in a beautiful glass makes it more inviting to taste. For 45 pesos, it's worth a try. : )





Mushrooms in Garlic ala Pobre Style, 165 php

Glutton Guy: I liked this dish. It had a spicy taste which really hyped up the flavors. You could really taste the garlic in the dish. The oil added more flavor, which I also liked. The mushrooms were perfectly cooked. It was also served beautifully. The servings were also a lot. For me, it's a must-try dish. : )


Glutton Girl: It's a yummy dish. I just felt that there was too much oil in it. I'm not much of a fan of oily foods. However, I liked the spiciness of the dish. The mushrooms were soft and delicious. I liked the garlic, too. However, I thought there was also too much garlic. I agree with Glutton Guy, though, that this is a must-try dish.






Crispy Shrimp and Potato Fritters, 160 php


Glutton Guy: Delish's take on our crispy Okoy. I have to admit, though, their version is much, much better. It's just potato and shrimp, but wow, it does pack a punch! Dipping it in the vinegar makes it more delicious. I'd have more if I wasn't full. It really is delicious! I'd definitely order more of this on my next trip to Delish. : )


Glutton Girl: I love this dish! It's very crispy and very delicious. The potato fritters were fried to perfection. The shrimp also tasted good. And I just love the vinegar dip. It really gives the climax to the dish. The vinegar was mixed with red pepper slices that made it spicy. It really accentuated the dish. I just found it hard to eat at some point since there were strands of potatoes which were too long so you had to break them. Overall, I think it's a very yummy dish.






Baked Oysters with Garlic and Cream Cheese, 225 php


Glutton Guy: Talk about delicious seafood! This really is a wonderful treat. Like I've said in our previous blog entries, I'm a die hard fan of seafood. This one made my day (really...hahahaha). The oysters were baked perfectly well. The cream cheese was just delectable. You can taste the freshness of the oysters. Presentation wise, the dish was served beautifully. I don't care if I sound redundant, but this dish really is delicious. : )


Glutton Girl: Another dish that's worth trying. It's comparable to the expensive oyster dishes that you find at fine dining restaurants. The melted cheese was simply delicious. The oysters were baked well and they tasted great. I think it would be better if there would be a splash of citrus, like lemon, perhaps.






Golden Fillet of Fish Escabeche, 95 php


Glutton Guy: I ordered this dish because I preferred fish rather than pork or chicken during that time. The fish was soft on the inside. There was a bit of crunch on the outside from the crust. The sauce was sweet and lemony. It tasted like sweet and sour fish fillet that we usually eat at Chinese restaurants. For me, though, it lacked some taste. : )



Crispy Honey-Garlic Chicken, 89 php


Glutton Guy: For me this dish tastes like normal, home-cooked fried chicken. The difference was that there was a bit of sweetness from the honey. The chicken, though, was crispy. Plus, it was perfectly cooked, it was soft on the inside. It was an okay dish for me, overall. : )


Glutton Girl: I liked this dish because it was crispy. I just didn't like the part that was served to us. I'm not much of a fan of the wing part. The honey gave the dish a different yet delicious taste. I also liked the crispy garlic on top of the chicken. For me the blending of tastes worked perfectly well.






Crispy Binagoongan with Green Mango Salsa, 89 php


Glutton Girl: This dish was really good. The pork was really crispy. The bagoong on top added flavor to the pork, which really worked for me. The mango salsa complemented the dish very well. The mix of mangoes and tomatoes was really good. It's another dish that's worth-trying.






Apple Pie ala Mode, 125 php


Glutton Guy: I'm really not into apple pies. This one was delicious at some point. However, I probably wouldn't be able to finish the whole slice. For me it was too sweet. I liked the ice cream, though. Plus, the pie was hot when it was served, which is a good thing for me. : )


Glutton Girl: For me it also was too sweet. It would probably be best for sharing, since I would also not be able to finish the slice by myself. The pie and the ice cream were a good tandem. The hot pie and the cold ice cream was just perfect. I liked the presentation of the dish as well with the cherry on top.


Delish is a good place that offers good food. It's also a nice place to hangout with friends, since it's an 'inuman' place at night. They are also open for catering and exclusive functions. With the delicious food that they offer, who wouldn't anyway? Delish is a great food place worth trying at Teacher's Village. The place is accessible, offers great food at an affordable price, what more could you ask for? For us, there would only be one word to describe the food - Delish-ious!




























Rating: Buddhalicious!
(Delish Restaurant and Catering is located at 103 Maginhawa street, Teacher's Village, Diliman, Quezon City. It's just beside BDO.)

 

8 comments:

  1. Hi
    Glad you had great time at my brother's restaurant!
    Thanks for dining!
    xoxo
    MrsM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ma'am! :)

    Thank you for taking time in reading our blog about Delish! :) We had a great time during our lunch there :) We promise to come back soon and try the other delicious dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi gluttonguide!

    Nice blog and thank you for participating in our website by submitting your restaurant reviews :)

    We would appreciate if you can also place a link here in your site to OpenRice.ph - at least to your own reviews.

    Thank you and continue participating for the iPad! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh ok! :) We'll remember to try that hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is this place still open?

    I tried to go there in Sunday but it's close. Can you advise if this restaurant is still operating?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! :)

      according to some friends, yes it's still open. We're also wondering why it was closed when you went there...if you want, you may try to call them at 3555241 :)

      Delete

The Glutton Guide's Fan Box

The Glutton Guide on Facebook