Saturday, May 29, 2010

Binondo's Authentic Dimsum Place

Having a strong influence on us Filipinos, Chinese food simply cannot be denied. And once you are in a place called Binondo, there is no other way but to give in and enjoy the delicious food. That's what exactly what we did when we found a delicious food place along Benavidez street.


It's a small place, but it's not much of a hindrance to make people come and taste the delicious food of Wai Ying Fastfood in Binondo. You'll know that this place is kind of famous here, because people just keep flocking the place and there's no table that's left vacant. In fact, they have a stall nearby to cater to people who order take-outs, probably to reduce the people entering the dining area.


Upon entering you'll notice the roasted ducks hanging on the window. You'll also see stacks upon stacks of dimsum steamer baskets. The place itself is not at all neatly designed. It's just a simple food place, just like those food stalls you see at Quiapo. But when it comes to the food, we simply were just blown away. The food was good and very cheap. Plus, it's authentic Chinese cuisine. Tasting their food might just make you say the word 'delicious' in Chinese.





Anyways, here's what we ordered:


HK Lemon Tea, 50 php (cold), 45 php (hot)

Glutton Guy: This was my drink since I wanted something really cold because of the heat. I tried one of these when I was in Hongkong. You really have to crush the lemon with your spoon at the bottom of the glass to add some citrus and make it more delicious. It really tasted authentic, like the one I had at Hongkong. It was really good. Plus, it's cheap. I just wondered at first why it's more expensive than the hot version (probably because of the ice hahaha). It's really a good drink that's worth ordering at Wai Ying. : )



HK Milk Tea, 50 php (cold), 45 php (hot)

Glutton Girl: Before we even looked for a place to eat, I already told Glutton Guy that I was really craving for authentic Chinese milk tea. And I wasn't disappointed with Wai Ying's milk tea. It was very refreshing and very very delicious. There was a balanced taste of bitter and sweet. I really liked it. I'm sure you will, too. 



Siomai, 55 php

Glutton Guy: Yummy authentic Chinese siomai really did the trick for me. Dip it in soy sauce with chili sauce, and you have a delicious and mouthwatering siomai. It's very different from the siomai we usually buy at food stalls at malls. It's really authentic, and it's very delicious. What more can I say? hahahaha : )


Glutton Girl: I liked their siomai. It wasn't the same old siomai that I usually eat. There's something different about it that you simply just want to have more. And for 55 pesos, it's very cheap for me. It might not be as cheap as those versions we find at LRT/MRT stations or at stalls at food courts (probably because this is AUTHENTIC siomai), but it's way, way yummier than the siomai we find elsewhere. 




Steamed Spareribs, 50 php


Glutton Guy: Another delicious dimsum. It's perfectly cooked. The spareribs are soft. The flavor is unique and delicious. Dipping it in soy sauce will make it more delicious. Try it out and see what I mean. : )


Glutton Girl: Steamed Spareribs are just one of the best. They're good and I just can't get enough of them. The sauce is very good, plus the spareribs are not difficult to eat and chew. It's another Wai Ying best-seller for me.





Chicken Feet, 50 php


Glutton Guy: There's nothing not worth eating when it comes to Chinese food. And that includes chicken feet. Of course, our dimsum experience wouldn't be complete without the authentic chicken feet. And I have to say, the chicken feet was really good. It was soft, and the sauce is as delicious as the chicken feet. I know you're dimsum experience wouldn't be complete without it as well. So, you really have to try this one. : )


Glutton Girl: For me, their chicken feet was not the best. But, what I liked about it is, just what I have said earlier, is that it's authentic. I liked the way it was cooked. It's not too hard, so it's not difficult to eat. The sauce, like Glutton Guy said, is also delicious. But, like I said, I've tasted better versions of this. 






Hakaw, 60 php


Glutton Guy: One of the best dimsums I've tasted. I've never tasted hakaw this good. It's smaller than the ones I've tasted before. But, it's way, way tastier. It's very soft. Plus, it's served hot. Probably the best dimsum I've tasted at Wai Ying. : )

Glutton Girl: I agree with Glutton Guy on this. It is the best dimsum I've tasted at Wai Ying. The hakaw tasted the way I imagined it to taste like, plus more. I liked it more when I dipped it on soy sauce. It's really, really good. You guys just gotta try this yourselves to see what I mean.








Wai Ying Fastfood serves authentic Chinese dimsum at its best. You'll definitely not want to miss this in your Binondo experience. So, if by chance you stumble upon a place that is Binondo, try Wai Ying Fastfood. Their dimsum are simply to die for. Plus, they also have other Chinese dishes such as congee and noodles (mami). It's affordable, and it's authentic. You'll definitely want to put this in your itinerary on your first (or your next) Binondo trip.


























Rating: Buddhalicious!
(Wai Ying Fastfood is located at 927 Benavidez street, Binondo, Manila. They have another branch in front of Hope Christian School. It's near Metropolitan Hospital.)

4 comments:

  1. I like chinese food and i've heard raves about wai ying. if only it's near my place.. i wanna try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try it sometime... : ) Especially if you're up for the real authentic Chinese dimsum hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do i get there? i'll be from lrt carriedo station... pls. pls. help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it would be better to go down at Doroteo Jose station to make it a bit easier... :) From there just walk towards the Manila Opera Hotel...Just go straight and you'll reach Benavidez street (btw, this is how we got there on our first time hahaha) If you don't want to walk, then you could just go at Recto Avenue, ride a jeep going to Divisoria, then tell the driver to drop you at Benavidez. :)You'll still walk, though, but not that long. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Glutton Guide's Fan Box

The Glutton Guide on Facebook