Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yakimix-and-match-all-you-can!

To most hungry people, it's all about quantity when it comes to looking for a good food place. Most of the time, it all boils down to which food place can offer the most amount of servings at the lowest possible price. This is the reason why food places which serve the eat-all-you-can promo, or what we commonly know as buffet, continues to flourish in the Metro. Basically, a buffet is like a bottomless iced tea, for a fixed price you can eat, and eat, and eat, and eat, until you get full. There are, of course, downfalls to buffet. Firstly, they don't come really cheap. The cheapest lunch or dinner buffet in the Metro could actually cost 400++. There's a ++ because some restaurants don't include the service charge or the drinks in the buffet price. So, a complete buffet could actually cost as much as 600 pesos. Secondly, there's the value for money issue. Basically, what we're saying is just simple logic. If you're not that hungry, you won't even plan on eating at a buffet. This is because spending 400 or 500 pesos on a meal would not be worth it. The goal in a buffet is to have at least 2 to 3 full plates of food. That's when you say that you have wisely spent your money on a buffet. But of course, it all depends on the price. There's a buffet place that we tried which might not be that cheap, but really has a lot of delicious food to offer.




Yakimix is one of the fast-growing buffet places in the Metro. We actually would not be surprised if it's even more popular than Saisaki or Cabalen. What makes Yakimix different from other buffet places is variety. Yakimix offers Korean, Chinese, and Japanese dishes for customers to choose from. You'll be amazed when you enter the restaurant. There's a long line of raw foods that you can cook on your table on the smokeless grill. There are usual yet delicious dishes that will surely satisfy your cravings and your appetite such as tempura, fried pork lechon, and different types of rice. There's a sushi section where you can find the popular California Maki and Sashimi and the other never heard yet delicious sushis like the Hawaiian Maki and the Tuna Dynamite Maki. There's also a desserts section where it's practically a wonderland of sweets. They have fruits, cakes, flans, ice cream, anything that a person with a sweet tooth would crave for. So, you say it might be quite expensive, but looking on the brighter side, it's practically all you wished for in a buffet! What more could you actually ask for?









The waiters and waitresses refill the food often, but due to the many people eating, food easily runs out. When we were there, one customer took all of the tempura that was just newly placed on the buffet table. Seriously, some customers are in 'panic buying' mode here. But don't worry, there are a lot more dishes to choose from. Practically everything is worth trying at Yakimix.






Here's what we got during our visit at Yakimix Macapagal Blvd.:






Yakimix Eat All You Can, 499 php (Monday-Friday lunch); 580 php (normal price); 65 php (drink all you can); 699 php (left over price)


Glutton Guy: Who says I'd back out from a buffet? I actually ate a lot when we were there. I had two plates of cooked food, a plate full of sushi, half a plate of raw food (which we cooked on the grill), and a plate of desserts. Yep, that's how gluttonous I can get when I'm at a buffet. But, at least I could say that the price I paid was really worth it. The food was really delicious. I actually find the concept innovative. I have never eaten in a buffet place that served raw food on one side, cooked food on another, sushi on another, and desserts on another. Everything I ate was really very good. If I wasn't full, I wouldn't have stopped eating. The sushis I got were delicious. I actually took a couple of each (except for my favorite California Maki hahaha I think I took around half a dozen of these hahaha). Every sushi I tasted were really good. Some were fruity and sweet. Some were tangy and crunchy. Overall, they were very satisfying. The dishes I got on the cooked food section were really delicious. I give a special mention to the Yang Chow rice, the tempura, the chicken feet, and the fried pork lechon. Because of these dishes I had two visits to the cooked food section. The raw dishes were also really good, particularly the squid and the one with the bacon wrap. I would definitely have another go at Yakimix's buffet. : )






Glutton Girl: When we decided to eat here for lunch, I basically skipped breakfast to give some room for the buffet. I knew that the less I eat before I have the buffet, not to mention the hungrier I get, the more I would eat at Yakimix. Well, I did eat a lot. I also drank a lot. Because of the drink all you can, I think I had 4 or 5 refills of Yakimix's iced tea and that blue drink that they had (I really don't know what it was, but it was delicious). I loved the raw foods of Yakimix. I had a lot of these, especially the one wrapped in bacon, the spicy squid, and the chicken gizzard. I also had a lot of the cooked food and the dessert. I had tempura, the pork lechon, the fish fillet (which was a bit bland, by the way), and I think I even tried two kinds of rice. For dessert, I had some chocolate cake, some fruit salad, and some of the cheesecake. I found it funny that the chocolate cake they had was Red Ribbon. I didn't eat much of the sushi. I'm not a super fan of it. But, I did try some of the Maki. They were good, so I guess it's not that bad after all. One tip when you eat here, though. Be sure to come as early as possible. The place really gets jam-packed in a matter of minutes.






When you want to have a buffet, then Yakimix might just be the perfect place for you. They have a lot of dishes that you wouldn't be tired of eating. Everything is delicious and absolutely satisfying.   You'll also have fun with the cooking part. Not only that, you'll also enjoy the variety of sushi, desserts, and raw food that Yakimix has. So, when you you're craving for Japanese food, or Chinese food, or Korean food, then head on over to Yakimix. We guarantee that the food will be worth the price. Just make sure that you eat a lot when you're there. You don't want to waste 500 pesos for nothing. It's practically and all-star Asian buffet that you definitely would not want to miss. Just remember - be sure to Yakimix-and-match-all-you-can!










This is how we rated Yakimix:


Food:
            
Price:
         
Place:
         
Service:







(Yakimix has 5 branches: 1. PC-25 Hobbies of Asia, Lower 8, Diosdado Macapagal Boulevard, Pasay City; 2. Ground Floor Entertainment Mall, SM Mall of Asia, Pasay City; 3. 2nd floor, Forum Building, 270 Tomas Morato Avenue, Quezon City; 4. 3rd floor Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center, Makati City; and 5. 4th floor, Trinoma Mall, EDSA corner North Avenue, Quezon City.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Pete! I suggest you also try Tong Yang. I prefer their choices for grill and shabu-shabu.
    At mura pa dun, kasama na ung drinks. They have an on-going promo na 398 ung lunch on weekdays (except holidays) and regular price for dinner, holidays, and weekend.

    Para macompare mo rin ung yakimix with Tong Yang. :)

    Try niyo sa Megamall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing Barnett!!! :) We'll add that on our list hahahaha thanks for the suggestion!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I would like to ask until what time will 'lunch time' be considered?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! :)

      Lunch time is up until 2pm. But, if you go there a bit too late (say around 1:30pm) they'll say that they will serve food only up until 2:30-2:45 :) The cut-off time for the buffet, however, is 2pm :)

      Delete

The Glutton Guide's Fan Box

The Glutton Guide on Facebook