Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Il Gelatissimo è Squisito

Okay, so we really don't speak Italian, but the yummy gelato in Gelatissimo made us speak the language. Okay fine, so we just had it translated in Yahoo! Babel Fish (yes, we do cite our sources haha), but what the heck.



Gelatissimo, a popular ice cream store in Cebu, opened its first store in Manila at Greenbelt 5, and boy, we sure did have a treat! The store had more than 25 flavors of gelato, all of which looked very, very good, so it was super difficult to choose which three flavors we should buy. Luckily, the staff was very acocmodating and they were willing to let us test their gelato in teenie tiny tasting spoons. We tasted more than 8 flavors, some of which were Caramelized Fig, American Chocolate, Very Berry Cheesecake, and Choc Mint, but we ended up buying Macadamia and Caramel, Hazelnut, and Biscottino.



Gelatissimo's Gelato,  110 php (1 flavor), 160 php (2 flavors), 190 php (3 flavors)

Glutton Guy: Honestly, I would love to have the other flavors in the cup that we ordered (except Choc Mint hahahaha). But, we can only get up to 3 per cup. We didn't go wrong with the flavors we chose, though. Biscottino is the best I've tasted at Gelatissimo. The other 2 flavors were great, too. Every flavor was creamy and loaded with flavor. You'll definitely have a feel of the authentic Italian gelato. I also love the idea of having free tastes. It helps us narrow down our choices on which flavors will we buy. All in all, I'd say Gelatissimo is doing one heck of a job. : )

Glutton Girl: I really wanted to get Choc Mint, but Glutton Guy doesn't like it because he is reminded of efficascent oil. I don't know how he tasted efficascent oil, though. It was okay though because I love anything caramel, and everything we got was of caramel flavor. I loved biscottino the most. The italian cookies were crunchy and sweet. Hazelnut was also very good. It reminded me of the center of Ferrero, which is my favorite part of that to-die-for chocolate. Macadamia and Caramel was okay. Gelatissimo's ice cream in general is very smooth and creamy, I think I can eat a tub of it. I absolutely love it. It was as equally good as the gelato I've tasted in Korea last summer. It was a very popular gelato store in Korea, and I was reminded of that when I tasted Gelatissimo. I went to ice cream heaven that day. :)



There is definitely no wodner why people in Cebu raved about Gelatissimo. They really have great ice cream! And now that it is in Manila already, there is no reason for anyone not to try this very delectable treat. You know when they say you'll miss half of your life if you don't try something? For this one, I tell you, you will be missing half of your life if you don't get to try Gelatissimo's ice cream, and trust us, we are not kidding.






Rating: Buddhalicious!
(Gelatissimo is located at the 2nd level, Greenbelt 5, Makati City. They also have branches in the southern region. One is at Ayala Center Cebu and another one at SM City Cebu.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Glutton Guide's Fan Box

The Glutton Guide on Facebook