Monday, April 26, 2010

A Very Delicious Recipe

You might recognize this restaurant already, having a lot of branches in popular malls in the metro. By the looks of it, you might thinks it's an expensive type of restaurant. Well, think again. This place serves affordable and delicious dishes to satisfy one's cravings for an appetizing meal.




Recipes by Cafe Metro currently has 5 branches scattered all around Metro Manila. It's also about to open its 6th branch at the Block SM North EDSA. This only proves that the demand for a delicious and mouthwatering Recipes dish is growing. That's quite unquestionable, since the food here is really great. It's good for sharing, perfect for barkadas, office friends, or even for families who love going out and enjoying a delicious dinner together.






The ambiance is not too good as compared to other restaurants. It's just a plain old simple food place. But, that's not the most important thing, right? What's important is what the place can offer on the table. That's probably the mindset of the owner as well, so he didn't devote too much effort in the design of the place.




Here's what we ordered during our lunch at the Greenbelt 3 branch:





General's Chicken, 205 php


Glutton Guy: Probably the best dish I've tasted from Recipes. The chicken is very soft and easy to chew. I also love the sauce of the dish. It's perfect for the soft chicken. The vegetables on the dish aren't overpowering the chicken and the sauce, which is a good thing for me. I'd say it's one dish that you really really have to try when you visit Recipes. : )


Glutton Girl: Hands down, my favorite. I have eaten in Recipes before, and I recommended Glutton Guy to try this dish. Its sweet sauce go well with the crispy exterior of the chicken, and the eggplants add a healthy kick to this very satisfying dish. 





Gising-Gising, 168 php


Glutton Guy: It was good, but I wasn't jumping up and down for this dish. At first glance, I thought it was a scallions or a spring onions dish. Glutton Girl, however, told me that those were not spring onions but were string beans. I laughed since I couldn't even determine if those were really string beans. I couldn't even taste the string beans since the coconut milk was very dominant in the dish. Try it to see what I mean. : )


Glutton Girl: FYI, they were Baguio beans, not string beans. Glutton Guy clearly does not recognize the vegetable. Haha! I liked this dish. It's a new way of serving Baguio beans, and the dish is very hefty in terms of serving. The spice is also just enough, especially for those who do not like spicy things, like me.





Sambal Seafood, 250 php


Glutton Guy: I love seafood! Which is why I don't need to explain further why I really love this dish. It's a bit spicy, giving it an added kick. I didn't like the bell peppers in the dish, though. So Glutton Girl had the task of eating the Bell peppers. Another must-try dish from Recipes. : )


Glutton Girl: I think this dish is a bit expensive for its serving. But Glutton Guy paid for it, so it's okay. Haha! The sambal sauce was good though.





Seafood Rice, 115 php


Glutton Guy: If you think the rice is too expensive, worry not because this is for 2-3 persons, or probably even up to 4 persons. It's very good, like a Chinese Restaurant's Yang Chow Fried Rice. It's not too salty, yet it's packed with flavors. I think I ate a lot of rice during our trip here. So, you could just imagine how good the Seafood Rice is. And it does not cut on the seafood ingredients. For me, it's a perfect rice dish for a perfect meal. : )


Glutton Girl: Glutton Guy is always happy when we eat out because I'm not too much of a rice person. I eat very minimal rice, so it's safe to say that he ate almost everything of this dish. Hahaha! (I'm not kidding though.) Nonetheless, I think this fried rice is appetizing, although still not comparable to Chinese Yang Chow Fried Rice. (Sorry Glutton Guy.)






So what's a perfect recipe for a perfect dish? At Recipes, there's no need for that because they'll do the dish for you. All you have to do is sit and relax, and enjoy the company of your friends and family while you're there. The end result will surely be a satisfied appetite. You'll definitely want to recommend this place to your friends. Who wouldn't? It's a great place serving great food. There's no doubt that Recipes has made a mark in the food business.










Rating: Buddhalicious!
(Recipes has 5 branches: 1. 2nd Floor, Greenbelt 3, Makati City/ 2. 2nd Floor Trinoma Mall, Quezon City/ 3. 2nd Floor Cortes De Las Palmas, Alabang Town Center, Muntinlupa City/ 4. 2nd Floor, Robinsons Place Manila-Midtown, Ermita Manila/ 5. 5th Floor, Shangri-La Plaza Mall, Mandaluyong City)

2 comments:

  1. Recipes is good nga! Try their crispy tilapia. If you like aligue then shrimp in aligue sauce is also good. And binagoongan. HAHA ANG DAMI. I'll try general's chicken next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. will do :) Thanks for the info hahahaha

    ReplyDelete

The Glutton Guide's Fan Box

The Glutton Guide on Facebook